Thursday, August 23, 2007

Those Yesterdays

Back in my free days I used to stay at my brothers room where we used to have a lot of fun. We had so many friends unbelievably much and just not possible to count. They used to come and go and we used to play cards whole day and whole night long. There were regular people who used to come to our room and just pass their time away. There was a boy who had a crush on a girl name Kamala and I used to sing the Bonjovi classic called blaze of glory to him. The wordings would go like this, “Wake up in the morning and I raised my weary head with Kamala in my mind”. That guy used to look at me with a shy smile. And almost every regular night we used to be three guys in the room. No one would fall asleep so we would put ourselves under the quilt and start chatting. And in the middle of the night one of us would say something about tea and then one of us would jump off the bed and put the lights on and start making tea. After having a cup of tea we would keep on talking unless all of us would not fall asleep. There when chatting one of us was a guy who would start a story and his story would never end. His stories seemed so agonizing at that time but it feels funny now and I miss those moments. In the morning we never woke up very late and neither we woke up early. We used to wake up at around 8 am. Everyday one of our friends would knock the door and someone of us would unlock the door and let him in. After his entrance at the room we all three would force him to make tea and the guy who just happened to enter the room would make tea very unwillingly and angrily. And sometimes guys used to get drunk and watching their drunken acts was so fun and we used to harass that drunk. A lot of people used to gather in our room and sometimes make momos, barbeques, jamming, poking each other watching movies, listening to music and stuffs like that. When some girl used to walk near our window, we would sing a song aloud and play guitar in the loudest possible tone. During our stay we never had a fight besides some small disputes. We lived in harmony I should say. We were always good to our neighbors and they used to treat us the good way. We never mocked at anyone and we would help our neighbors in whatever ways. We used to play cricket with the kids and they too used to enjoy our company.
Now that no one of us is here together. I too left them and started staying with my mom and sister while some of them shifted to a very far away place and no more in touch. Some of them went abroad and some are still here without contact. And finally I am still here indulged in my own thing, thinking of all those happy moments of the past and writing it down.

0 comments: