Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So Long Broda

My brother is leaving tonight. I am at the office, sulking over not being able to be with him even for an hour. Shall I call it my fate or my unwillingness or obligations? I can at least make a call and talk to him which is the only possible and most appropriate thing for me under circumstances.

I dialed his number and before he received my call, I decided to play the “I’ll be missing you” song and allow him to hear before I start the conversation. I held the telephone’s receiver to the speakers and left it for few seconds. After a half minute or so I greeted him. I said, “Did you hear the song?” and we both burst into laughter. The laughter was the same laughter that we both share on most of the happiest occasions, the same laughter which comes into existence when we poke each other. This particular laughter would remain forever.

He is leaving at around 7 later in the evening. I don’t feel like going to him as I can’t hide my sentiments and I fear I would sob. Sounds funny, but tears and emotions, they’re beyond my tightest grip. Hunger and thirst, I can suppress, but tears, its way tougher than me……………

27th, the day I’ll never forget.

(Right now, amazingly I am experiencing a de-ja-vu, I have at some point faced this particular moment I am not sure whether it happened in dreams or it did take place in reality, strange very strange!)

0 comments: