Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Recent Embarrassing Moment

I was in a typical thakali restaurant for a dinner with some of my friends. The place was not very different from some ordinary ones but the food they provided was simply superb a typical nepali dish. Before the daal and the bhaat were served I went to the basin to clean my hands. I never knew the tap was kind of automatic. I opened it and washed my hands. After having finished washing I tried to stop the tap but it wouldn’t stop, I tried several ways and I even banged the hose but the water still kept pouring. I was in trouble as the water was continuously flowing. I was looking at myself on the mirror above the basin, everything seemed to be dark. I turned pale due to embarrassment as I thought everyone was staring at me and no friends were near me to help me out. There was no stopping and when I tried the hard way by moving the cork to this and that direction to stop the water I thought I might break it. I finally gave up trying and let the tap run. I thought to myself that if the tap is left open some waiter would come up and stop it. As I was heading towards my table, a two or three steps forward from the basin the tap stopped. Wow it was a relief. Then I realized that I did not need to stop the tap. Haha

0 comments: