Wednesday, December 6, 2006

My guitar heroes

I really love guitar legends like Hendrix, Satriani, Clapton and Page to name a few. But the guitarist who spell bounds me is Dire Strait's front man Mark Knoffler. His clean picking of notes and the speed cum melody is simply superb. His voice also suits the music and lyrics he sings. Sultan of swing and why worry are the songs which I like the most.

After Knoffler I like Mark Tremonti the former Creed's guitarist. His aggression and melody is unexplainable. The drop d tuned riffs he plays creates enough rigidness for a rock song. Higher, lullaby are among my favorites. With arms wide open also shows the melody and softness he can create. I have been following Tremonti since Creed to the Alter Bridge and will follow him.


Besides these I also like Richie Blackmore, Nuno Buttoncort, Santana and Slash too.

0 comments: