Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Twenty The Third

Life is full of opportunities to learn and experience new things. Just waking up to the sun the next day too is a wonderful new experience because the day is met and it is totally a new day. Apart from these new experiences, I was showered with a strange kind of experience when I was seeing her for almost over three years or so. Initially I had thought that I’d be acting weird upon seeing her but things went smooth. I didn’t feel anything like I’ve met her after a very long time. We went to a bank to settle her transactions but had to return home to get some important documents. Just before reaching her house she asked me to stop at a place which really turned out to be a boundary and crossing it would be a taboo to me in the following days. She dropped and walked towards her home. How long will it take you to be back was my inquiry. In reply she said that she’d have to rummage through her room to find her document and in addition she also said that she was feeling sleepy and might take a short nap. Throughout the entire conversation her face was turned away from me and our eyes never met. I wondered what I’d do under that scorching sun waiting for her to come back. She then suggested me to take a walk to the temple but did not find the suggestion quite right and then came her next suggestion, it was that I’d go and finish my work until she returns. I did not have any kind of work to finish while she was away but she did not pay any attention to my world and started walking.

She simply kept walking away not even bothering to turn around at least once. She had a shawl which she used to cover her head to hide away from the sun and she kept walking. I on the other hand could not think of anything and simply gazed at her walking towards her house. In this instant I felt something very strange. I felt like running towards and hug her from behind but something kept me numb. I don’t know why but tears almost fell down my cheeks while watching her walk away. No, it wasn’t that I felt humiliated and it wasn’t that she was rude. Moreover one thing was quite certain that she’d come back after a few while and which is why it wasn’t even that she’d never come back. Watching her walk away through that slight steep asphalt almost brought me tears. It was a strange feeling that I never ever had in my life.

I waited and waited but to a big sigh of relief she did not take very long before she returned. She hopped on to my bike and off we rode to finish off her chores.

0 comments: