Friday, May 25, 2012

My Colleagues

As I enter the office premises, there’s Krishna and his driver in the far corner of the open space. The trouser and tee that he puts on doesn’t change and he is quite popular for his same get up throughout the year. He however frequently changes his sneakers. I get up close to him and sing a Newari song which brings a large grin on his face and that’s what makes me feel good. If I’m able to make someone smile ear to ear, nothing feels any better than this.

There’s another guy named Mitra who is far skinner than me. Sometimes he comes to the office clean shaven and on the rest of those sometimes, he comes to the office with a Karl Marx beard. He is very good at governmental legislations and knows a lot of constitution and law. Starting a small joke and getting into deep intense national thoughts is what I like doing with him. Coming from a Brahmin family, he is fun to talk to but at times he is also very good at annoying and running away like kids.

Another guy who comes from Okhaldhunga is Suman to whom I just keep making fun of but a pure fun with no intention to hurt his feelings. He speaks at a very slow pace which makes me yawn and I imitate his style of speaking which everyone around would laugh.

And there’s Navraj who is close to becoming a successful entrepreneur. He is laborious and has already started a tuition centre. In the course of expanding his business, he has recently ventured in an educational consultancy. Though he came straight from Sarlahi and joined our office, he is among those who excelled. The way he dresses is always sharp but I don’t interact with him very much just because of nothing. He respects me and so do I.

And Rajesh is one of the most important guys in my office. As soon as he sees me he joins his hand to greet me. I think he is very humble at least to me and I can guess that’s because of my attitude towards other fellow executives in my office. I once had covered his back when he was being brutally shouted by one of the executives.

Another important name is Bashu who comes to the office in the afternoon. Politically we don’t click but when it comes to sports we are one. We have been to the stadium together to cheer for our national team and since then we have become good friends. He often forgets to come to me to talk but I don’t mind that. He is a good personality in the office at least in my point of view.

And finally there’s Jagdish and Yuvraj whom I miss very much. There are many other interesting and friendly characters in my office but the above mentioned personalities are superior to the rest. With the presence of these people my official day goes smooth and can't stop thanking them.

0 comments: