Saturday, May 1, 2010

Some People Say My Love Cannot Be True (N.I.B.)

The riff of this song is the first ever riff I learned to play. This particular number is called N.I.B. which was later covered by many other bands including Ugly Kid Joe. I also enjoy bands and singers covering old great songs and with this song as well, I liked Ugly Kid Joe’s version too.

Back then love and romantic songs never got much attention, but this song was an exception just because I could play the riff. Ozzy Osborne doing such romantic songs is great. The song is written by Geezer Butler and is also sometimes referred as Nativity In Black.

To me, this song has always been my number one in love songs category however, there are some other love songs sung by Ozzy Osborne and performed with Black Sabbath. The name of the band itself doesn’t suggest any love and romantic songs. All in all this is a great song and the masterpiece as well. Besides the riff, the bass solo is terrible. The one done by Ozzy with Primus is even better than with black Sabbath itself.

0 comments: