Sunday, April 12, 2009

Afraid To Make'em Laugh

Some years back when i worked for a home appliance distributor, i had a very bad experience of making some one laugh. Those days were real monotonous,. it was one fine morning that i made someone laugh until tears rolled down his cheeks,. i was and am never good at telling funny jokes but that was the day i was successful in making someone laugh his heart out.

My jokes are never erotic and i like clean jokes. i had received some good ones in my mail box and was eager to share them with my friends. That was the day, Milan dai who did not have so much of work despite being the most busy staff among us, was simply chatting with me on my desk. I clearly remember his eyes getting wet till tears overflowed down his cheeks with my jokes.

After having some fun, le left. He told me that he would be back after a couple of hours finishing his task in the market. Now i was left alone with no one around. Other fellow colleagues were busy with their own stuffs.

Soon after fifteen minutes or so, i got a call. The voice on the other side just said samundra vai and no more words and it was milan dais. I returned his call only to hear someone else picking up the phone. The person told me that milan dai met with an accident and is unconscious. Can you please hurry up, we are at gwarko.

I could not believe what i was hearing. There was another good colleague named rabindra dai who was doing his own things on the next floor. I called him and told him to go to the site immediately as I was unable to leave the office. He too obediently kicked his bike and left.

After this particular incident, I always dread making milan dai laugh. After a very long time, in fact more than two years or so, we are meeting again in a couple of hour's time. And the place we are meeting is at that very place gwarko.

0 comments: