Friday, August 1, 2008

A Day Of Rejoice

Every now and then I try to change my daily activities and yeah, to some extent I did something completely out of my normal doings. After waking up at around 7 I had a small conversation with a sister (she is in fact a great person and always supportive and motivating). Got up from the bed and drank my tea. I turned on my music and it was blink 182 today. I jumped up and down to its tune and started getting ready to head to my work place.


As I crossed the Kamaladi street, I saw a large number of students from various schools marching which was causing an obstruction to the traffic. I had to wait until the march pass ended. This kind of march pass is quite frequent in the streets of Kathmandu and this time too I thought it was some kind of protest or some awareness raising campaigns. And when all the students had almost completely crossed me I saw a student holding a placard with Bhanubhakta’s picture in it. I then realized that it was the day when Bhanubhakta was born. Ah! So it’s Bhanubhakta’s birthday, and it was my birthday as well. I had never ever put my birthday in my mind and I was in awe. There was a band playing tunes to the songs that Bhanubhakta wrote and I was in bliss listening to tunes of such patriotic songs.


In the office I tried keeping myself free from gloom and sadness. I successfully did it and what a great way to start a new year with joy and happiness around.


After the office hour, I went home as it was raining and I was completely drenched. Changed my dresses and headed towards Budhanilkantha. That’s the place where I go when I felt too happy or too sad. On special days I have always visited Narayanthan and this time too I went there at around 7.30 pm.


Happy birthday to me hahahahahahahaha

0 comments: