Monday, November 12, 2007

G-3 Live In Concert

The G3 series is always fun to watch. Recently I saw the Denver's edition of the G3 live. This G3 featured the great electric guitarists Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen. I had watched the other one which featured Satriani, Vai and Eric Johnson and I was quite familiar with the Satriani and Vai's playing style. Malmsteen was new to me but I was not very impressed by him except on one performance he played a classical hollow guitar. It was great. Besides that one no such mark was made in me.

At the end of the program they did a jam session. Satriani and Vai clicked on well but as for me Malmsteen was ousted. The playing style of Vai is so much influenced by Satriani as I have read that Satriani used to give some lessons to Vai. When Satriani called Vai on stage, Vai came joining his both hands and with a namaste when entering the stage. This showed that Satriani is a real guru of Vai.

What I like about Satriani is that he doesn't look at the fret while playing while many other guitarist do that when playing. Satriani is a real genius when it comes to playing electric guitars.

0 comments: