Friday, September 7, 2007

Condolence

What would you like to keep with you for ever and how long would you like to keep them?

I had a very good colleague a very close friend indeed. He was a brother to me. He used to come with his hands held high calling me ‘Namaste Dai’ and we used to shake hands. I still remember his tight grip and in the office, his firm grip was the talk among all of us. His cheerful and uncontrollable smile revokes me more than anything. We used to go for lunch together and he being a typical newar lad used to love bitten rice and curries. We used to have typical newari dishes. Whenever I had to go out of the office I used to call him and tell him to ride the bike because I did not have the driving license. We shared almost everything. The period we had ourselves acquainted was not long and still we became very close. One fine day I quit working in the office where we were together. I moved in to another one. He used to call me quite frequently and we used to talk about our present days. On one of those calls I couldn’t attend him properly as I was too busy. I committed him in giving him a call back and probably due to heavy work I was unable to do so. After two days I heard that he had an accident. He was a very healthy guy and I never took that accident seriously. I thought he would get well soon. It was a Saturday morning, I was enjoying movies on my off day. I received a call from a colleague from my old office and he told me that Ram Sundar is no more……..Alas! I just couldn’t believe it. I went to the funeral, I felt like he was somewhere here and there in that mass. There were huge and wild cries of the ladies who just couldn’t help themselves from crying loudly. I looked up at the sky and saw his face. I looked at the river flowing and I saw his face. I closed my eyes and I saw his face. I jerked myself to get him out of my mind trying to control me and still his face was in front of me. After the funerals day I was on my daily routine so I went to the office. The whole day I saw his face. When I was smoking I had him in my mind, when I was on my desk, I saw his face and every time I saw his face it was very lively. When I was in deep thoughts I felt like making him a call, I felt like talking to him, I felt like making him laugh as I knew what made him laugh as if I felt like he is still here with us. I am in grief yet there is nothing I can do and simply mourn on his untimely demise. May his soul rest in peace and may God give enough strength and courage to his family to carry on with their life further in his absence.

No matter how strong your greed is you can’t keep the thing you love for ever. You have to lose everything and every one has to give up their possessions some day. Perhaps one day one has to lose them and depart form their own body. There is no stopping at that moment. You need to sacrifice your own body that day. I know the rules but still the rain keeps pouring.

0 comments: