Saturday, August 18, 2007

Tracy Chapman’s Change

I have only listened to some hit numbers of Tracy Chapman like the “revolution song”, “fast car”, “give me one reason” and “baby can I hold you tonight”. Recently I happened to listen to her other songs as well. It was when I realized Tracy’s songs are so good and as we all know Tracy Chapman’s singing style is very peculiar with a soothing melody. My latest favorite song by Tracy Chapman is the one called “Change”. The lyrics go like this, “If you knew you would die today, would you change?” This is exactly what makes me ponder on my life right now. I have been the same for years and never tried to change my attitude and my norms and ethics, I have always stuck to my own principals. This song perhaps jerked me and made me wake from my deep sleep. Yes I need to change myself. There is no question of knowing when I would die still I need to change my self before dying. Who knows when the death arrives? Before dying I would change. The message of this song is a good one and inspiring as well. So I have made up my mind to change myself before I die.

0 comments: