Monday, May 7, 2007

Friend In Need

A fight broke out between our college and a college near to ours which was related to a political issue. The whole college was mobilized in this brawl. We were pelting bricks at them and so were they. The traffic was totally halted in the lainchour street. There was a senior guy, a friend of mine and me in the front row of our group heading towards the group who was throwing stones at us and we too were throwing stones at them. One of my friend shouted “Cops run” I started to run. Just when I was about to run I felt something flowing through my cheeks. I took my hands where I felt something flowing and I found that I was bleeding. I was already hit by a stone. I never knew when I was hit and finally I came to know that I was hit right above my eye and I was bleeding very hard. My shirt was full of blood and my cap as well. On knowing that I was bleeding I then almost lost consciousness. Upon seeing this a friend of mine with whom I was not talking because of a very small dispute shouted at me “hey what happened?” He then covered me and took me to the hospital where I had some stitches. This incident taught me the true value of a friend. Had he not helped me, the situation could have been anything perhaps I could have died. Though we didn’t talk to each other he helped me when I was in need. Friends are the best thing in life one can get. I have so many good friends to whom I owe a lot and still the number of good friends list is mounting. Wow lucky me.

0 comments: