Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Small Helping Hand

I was on the way from Gwarko to Putalisadak. Suddenly it started raining very heavily. I sheltered myself on a traffic island at Lagankhel however I was completely soaked. The road was empty and everybody was beneath some shade. Not very far away form where I was standing I saw a blind man who was yelling in vain, half drenched due to the heavy rain and was trying to catch a bus. There were so many people standing around and no one was offering him some help. I was surprised. I ran towards him and asked him where he had to go and I guided him to a bus. Even the traffic policemen were standing quietly. I did not have an umbrella and neither had I known where the bus would be available, yet I felt it was my duty to help him and so did I. I can’t forget the way he held my hands so firmly when I approached him and asked where would he have to go. I thought I would suffer from cold but I did not. Perhaps the good deed helped me ward off the cold disease.

2 comments:

essence said...

SMALL HELPING HAND BUT STILL SEEM TO HAVE BIG HEART.........YOU REMINDED HIM WORLD HE IS IN IS NOT THAT BLACK.......THANKS

brother said...

HEY BROTHER K HO PLAYING TRUMPET OF UR GOOD DEED?..............ANYWAY BETTER THAN NOT DOING ANY GOOD N NOT PLAYING TRUMPET NO?..........THANKS FROM ME TOO