Friday, March 9, 2007

A Good Music Store

We have a good number of listeners of any kinds of songs here in Nepal. There are people who listen to pop, techno, rap, grunge, metal and genres like that. What we lack here is a nice music stores. There are self proclaimed biggest or largest music stores in town but doesn’t have the kind of cds you are looking for. The last time I went to the bazaar to find a cd of “Bad Company” only to get upset. I went through the biggest named stores and to a great surprise no single stores had Bad Company’ album. I wasn’t looking for a particular album but which ever album would have done for me. Bad Company is not a very strange name in music and it was damn hard to find a single piece of their album. I always like to explore music by listening to various kinds. The last time I went on to find some classical guitar instrumentals but nowhere to be found. The internet technology could have helped me but I always fancy possessing cds. Not only in music but movies too. We don’t get those movies we are looking for. I have searched many shops for the movie called “The Outsider” and haven’t been able to find one till now. So it will be a great idea for some companies like “Peacock” or the “Thompson” or “Michael” to come here to Kathmandu and have a store. These names are very expensive and probably can’t do well in here but for those who look for originals they would spend a few extra bucks for their loved albums. What we get here is the third graded reproduced albums and sometimes they don’t have the songs you are looking for in the very same album which you browse through the internet.

0 comments: