Thursday, November 30, 2006

Not Every Kids

I park my motorcycle outside the Bishal Bazaar complex and do my things. After ten minutes or so I return and pull out my bike and ignite it. There is a five rupee charge for parking which I pay and suddenly a small boy comes running towards me with a small piece of cloth and brushes my bike's tank, seats and the mirrors. He gets five bucks from me. This happens to me quite often. On one Sunday morning I did the same routine parking my bike and paying the parking charge. The little boy was nowhere to be seen and so I asked the parking incharge about the boy. "He has gone to school and will be back only in the late afternoon" was the reply. This is the moment where I get emotional, inspired and embarassed. Lot of things started revolving in my head. He would probably be a third or a fourth grade kid yet he is living on his own. He would pay the school fees with the money he collects and fulfill his daily needs I thought. I ponder over it again and nahhhh he would collect the money and buy himself dendrite and cigarettes and enjoy himself came in my mind as second thought. But my second thought just couldn't be right in any way. Had my second thought be true the boy wouldn't mind sitting in that area the whole day rather than going to school. Such a small kid, he inspired me.At that age one would love to buy themselves a spiderman outfit, have ice cream and watch the animated Hanuman series. On contrary to this that poor boy would have to give some of his earning to senior bullying guys and sometimes not get a penny from some of his clients.

0 comments: